The following instructions are for Outlook on a PC. Mac outlook is the same process with some slight differences.
How to back up your emails
- Open Outlook and click on the File menu at the top left
- Click on Open & Export followed by Import/Export
- Click on Export to a file, followed by Next
- Then Outlook Data File (.pst), followed by Next
- Make sure the mailbox you want to export is selected and that Include subfolders is ticked then click Next
- Select where you want to save your exported mailbox and give it a name. Use the Browse button and remember where you saved it.
Click on Finish
- You can optionally provide a password if you want to secure your back up.
- Outlook will now export your mailbox to your back up file